Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cooley writing contest

I was recently awarded second place for a fictional piece I wrote a few years back called "Spine." I have to give the title credit from my oldest brother James who looked over it before I submitted it and gave me the better name. It was originally "Decadence," which looking back doesn't seem to apply as well. This was the first writing contest I have ever submitted any writing to, and I am extremely excited that anything I wrote was enjoyed or approved by anyone. I will be going to an award ceremony in the near future and am wondering if it is cool to find a date for a award luncheon? I am also looking forward to getting tickets to this years graduation who will have the guest speaker of Barack Obama, which is awesome.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the writing award. I would love to read it. Can you post it here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's four pages so I don't know what would be best, but I can send it to you nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post "Spine" please. Also, yes bring someone with you to the luncheon. Graduation in the Big House will be epic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Craig. You never told me how the award ceremony went. I haven't read your story. I've been putting it off since you mentioned to me what it was about; I thought it would make me a little sad. Love you bro. I totally want to know how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace, I miss you and love you too; the awards ceremony is going to be in two weeks. The story is definitely rough based on the recent D-anniversary, but I think it won't be as bad for us because we can see the outside perspective, but it will take a long time before the Namparents will be allowed to see it. I'll hopefully see you and my wicked cool nieces this weekend!

    ReplyDelete